Why choose a graduate degree in medical engineering at Afeka
- Graduate students of medical engineering can combine study with work, and even directly experience the industry and medical centers, thanks to their close collaborations with the college and faculty
- The Afeka program is non-thesis, which fits many students’ ideal timeframe for completing the degree
- The Afeka program is the only one in Israel specializing in digital healthcare
- Afeka offers an excellent academic level, superb lecturers, and creative new approaches to learning and teaching
- Afeka trains engineers to develop products that will solve problems and improve mankind’s quality of life
- Afeka is open to innovation, encouraging creative thinking among faculty and students
- Afeka helps its students to acquire crucial job market skills, such as working in multidisciplinary teams, self-directed learning, and effective communication
- Afeka promotes an active social life
- Afeka makes sure to combine its engineering studies with community involvement projects and collaborations with industry, the education system, and various sectors of the economy
- Afeka alumni go on to occupy R&D roles in the industry
The program is designed to train certified experts in two specializations: physiological system mechanics and digital healthcare.
Both specializations combine students’ multidisciplinary knowledge in engineering, software (programming languages, medical signal processing, medical image processing), and clinical engineering.